Roasted Rack of Lamb2012-06-20
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 50m
- 1 (8-bone; 24 ounce) rack of lamb, rib bones frenched (“cleaned”) and excess fat and chine bone removed
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon salt, kosher
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Begin by cleaning up your rack of lamb by trimming off any excess fat and removing the small chine bones between each rib. After that is done french the rib bones by cleaning them of all excess fat and meat to leave only the exposed bone visible.
Next combine the garlic, oregano, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well. Coat the rack of lamb with the marinade and place in a roasting pan meat side up.
Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the lamb reaches medium rare (130° F). Let the meat rest for 15-30 minutes then slice the rack into double thick chops and serve with your favorite side dish.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe